Sometimes a break from business is truly the best prescription to transform stress, widen awareness and gain perspective. I could not fully unplug due to unforeseen problems with a project, but I still found it so worth while to get away. Here are some simple lessons I learned from a recent break.
- The views from Denver to Grand Junction aboard Amtrak are stupendous!
- Waking up to sunshine, blue sky, and fresh Colorado air is awe-inspiring. Nothing fancy required to experience this glorious environment.
- Big daily movements are very good for me, indispensable for a balanced body, mind and breath.
- Having my team plugging away at business while I am gone works…until it doesn’t.
- Days filled with nothing but fun are very relaxing.
- Cracks on your laptop screen make life harder.
- Family is important. Moments with them go fast.
- Working from 10 pm to midnight is too tiring.
- Colorado water makes hair and skin softer.
- I don’t take enough pictures.
- Drinking a lot of water in the high desert equals energy; so do boys under the age of twelve.
- There is nothing better than homemade Italian food made by Italians!
- We deeply miss the ones who have gone before us.
- I want to be generous and kind…always.
- Life is short. I want to enjoy it more!
Hope you are enjoying your summer and all that it brings…